I finally have a good reason for not updating! Our computer(s) crashed! First our Sony desktop crashed a few months ago, so I was using our laptop, then a few days after my last post, the video card or monitor on that one died...... Now I'm apparently wanted in three states as a serial computer murderer.
And if anyone approaches you.....
*We never had this conversation*
:)
We've had a LOT going on in the last month and I am still not quite sure how I want to update you on all of it. I think I'll start with an accountability update on my New Year's resolutions. Yippee!! So if you'll just excuse me for one second......
::Goes back to old post to see what my resolutions were::
Okay, so the first one was to spend more time in prayer and in the Bible. Honestly, this one has been hit or miss. I'll go three or four days reading a passage from the Bible and reflecting on it, maybe even journaling a bit - then I'll drop off for a few days or a week. Also, I've been trying to make my prayers less "all about me." I was listening to the radio one day and the radio person asked, "how would the world be changed if the only prayers that were answered were the ones that weren't about you or your family?" That was so convicting because, in the case of me, there wouldn't be many. Since then, I've been working to incorporate a broader scope of prayers into my prayer life. It's really helped me to take my eyes off of my big and little woes.
My number two goal was to be a better long distance friend/relative. I've still really struggled with this area with calling/emailing and just feeling like I don't have time, but I have sent cards on time so far! :)
Number three.....bust my butt and get back in shape. I've been getting up at 4:45 most mornings of the week to do cardio and weight lifting, and I would like to proclaim (from the nearest rooftop if it wasn't so darn snowy right now), I purchased and wore to work today my first pair of skinny jeans!! Woot woot!! Thankfully my friend told me that sizes for those jeans at Target are completely wonky so I wasn't deterred when I had to get 5 sizes larger than normal. I think Moss.imo only makes jeans for juniors. That's what I'll tell myself anyway. :)
Moving onto number 4......keeping up the house. :s I've actually been doing MUCH better in this area since I made that resolution because I really do all around feel better when I am on top of my chores. I also recognize that Dennis is working very long days and I really want him to come home to a tidy home. We even had a Girl.Scout come over selling her
I may as well update on that addendum one too, since that's the resolution I got the most comments on! We've hit a bit of a roadblock there, which crushes me, but we won't know how to proceed until after a doctor appointment next week. I am a little wary of detailing it here because of the friends and family who read, but I'm going to play the "It's my Blog and I'll say TMI if I want to" card. :)
So that's where I'm at these days. Pictures and video to come when I get those programs installed on the new 'puter!
1 comment:
1. I love that you used the word "wonky" hahaha :)
2. Totally agree that Girl Scout cookies are poison! How does anyone say no to them?!?!?
3. Saying a prayer for you guys about your dr. appointment!
Post a Comment