Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nat's Stats

Went to the doctor yesterday for Natalie where she got a clean bill of health!  Here's where she's at lately....

Weight: 18lbs, 1oz (84th)
Length: Nurse measured 28.25" which is the 99th, but the doctor didn't think that was right and we measured about 27" this morning.  The measuring nurse was "learning the ropes" - more to come on that later.....
Head: 77th.

So all in all, she's evening out in her growth which is good. She was such a little ham at the doctor's office too!  When our regular nurse was holding her, she pressed her face right up onto hers and with her right hand she was combing her fingers through the nurses hair!  The nurse was so thrilled that she brought Natalie to the rest of the nurses to show her off and even the doctors were coming out of their offices to see!  Natalie was so sweet and has that nurse completely wrapped around her finger!

I'll end this post with a cautionary tale for the parents out there.  We were onto the shot part of the visit and I was signing the consent forms when I saw something odd.  We were going to do the flu shot and the nurse in training had written the lot # of the vaccine and "exp. 30Jun12".  I thought that date was odd so I asked our regular nurse about it and sure enough, the training nurse had gotten an expired shot to give to Natalie!  Yikes!  While the nurse said it probably wouldn't have harmed Natalie, if it just expired last week that means it was made in at least early 2011.  Yikes. We just threw it away and she'll get a flu shot in October when the new batches come out.  I'm glad I spoke up and while I'd never thought to check the dates on vaccines before, I sure will be doing that from now on.

No comments: