Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Whole New World!

So there's this thing about having two kids... I figured it wouldn't be too big of a deal until the little one was mobile.

Well, now the little one is mobile.

Check out Exhibit A: Natalie attempting mobility.

Step 1: Kick legs around and move arms to begin generation of kinetic energy
Step 2: Bring legs up and use momentum from their squishiness to swing them over to the side

Step 2.5: Gaze adoringly into big brother's eyes......
or decide if I want to slug him for taking my rattle


Step 3: Swing legs all the way over and voila!  Movement!!
Her first official roll was yesterday and she has been practicing every chance she gets!  She is so proud of herself too, except for 2:30 this morning when she rolled her head right into her crib rail.  Whoops, she was not impressed.

My life is different because the understanding between Natalie and I has been irrevocably changed.  The understanding that when I put her somewhere and left the room, she would be in the exact same position when I returned. :)   But so it goes - onward and upward!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, awesome photoshoot :)