Sunday, May 20, 2012

*Sigh* He is Mine....

Dennis was out of town on Friday for a men's retreat with our new church and it was a real scorcher here.  90 degrees or some such thing.  That much heat a crabby mama makes at our house, but we made do.  We did as much playing as we could outside and also had a doctor appointment for Ryan, but my eyes were set on a special Dairy.Queen treat to cap off the day and I was SURE Ryan would go for it.  Here was our conversation at dinnertime.....

Me: So, Ryan, would you like to get some ice cream after dinner?
Ryan: YES!
Me: Okay, well you need to finish your dinner first and we'll get some together.

...fast forward 20 minutes of me practically spooning the dinner in his mouth.....

Me: Alright Ryan, are you ready to get our treat?
Ryan: No thanks
Me: Wait, what? Ice.Cream.Ryan.  It's ice cream and it's hot out, don't you want to get some?
Ryan: No thanks.
Me: Well is there anything else you want? (hoping against hope that we can go somewhere for a frosty treat)
Ryan: Chocolate, just chocolate.

As I raided the pantry and found half a Hershey bar leftover from making s'mores, I felt proud of Ryan.  He may be an exact replica of his daddy in all manners of appearance, but this situation proved he does have some of my DNA floating around in there.

(And I also realized I need to replenish my abysmal home chocolate stash)  :)

No comments: