On Wednesday afternoon we got back from a weeklong tour of the northern plain states. 1200 miles in all, covering parts of Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Minnesota (of course), and I don't think I've ever been more happy to be back in my own bed! We had a wonderful time visiting with family and the weather was perfect every single day. We really couldn't have asked for a better trip!
When we arrived in Des Moines on Thursday, Ryan took to helping Grammie with her garden right away.
Friday we made our way down to Kansas City and stopped at a petting zoo to stretch our legs.
| Baby blue |
Saturday morning, Ryan learned the ins and outs of maintaining a "bug box" from cousin Quinten. Ryan just LOVED being one of the big boys. I, however, did not love scraping the dead bugs out of the box when the box was pushed under a seat in our van and I found it on our way home. :)
Then we headed over for a graduation party for Dennis' cousin. Congratulations Sean!
Sunday we were back in Des Moines and we were able to meet our new nephew Rocco! He's three weeks old here and is just a little peanut!
| Rocco practicing his "Rocky" moves - nice left hook! |
| Proud uncle Denny |
| A joey for a day |
We also got pictures with two types of catepillars,
This one......
And this one!
2 comments:
haha
love the kangaroo shot
Precious! Oh! And the cheese ball container....there's some kind of marble paint thing you can do. My sister did it once. Very colorful and not much mess, as I recall. Though, now that I'm typing it, the final product is escaping me....hmmm...
Post a Comment