Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The Perfect Sprummer Day

Well the calendar doesn't indicate summer, but don't tell the thermometer that!  We are the recipients of some gorgeous sunshine today so Ryan and I decided to put up his rocketship tent and have a little fun.  By fun, I envisioned Ryan keeping himself occupied with imaginary play while I sat nearby watching (and sunning myself), but Ryan's idea of fun was sitting inside the rocketship...together.  Truth be told, it was a little snug in there, but we made it work and read many Dr Seuss books together.  When it was time to feed Natalie, Ryan stayed in his tent and I watched him from the window, where I caught this little photo gem.



After a little while he came in and started bringing his toys outside.  I wasn't paying close attention to what he was doing with them, but when I got back to the window from changing Natalie, this is what I found in the tent.......

All of his prized possessions  :)

And here is a picture of my little nap-time buddy. (hopefully someday soon she and Ryan will nap at the same time for more than 30 minutes!)  She turns four months in a few days which is incredible!  She and I are best buddies. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I will tell you, the ultimate goal of a mother of more than one child is to get them to nap at the same time. Some days it works and some days it doesn't. On the days it does, cherish the quiet time or take a nap yourself! :) Speaking from experience, of course, it's almost always better to choose the nap. :)

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

We need to get these silly boys together! Call you soon!