 |
| Amber, Me, Kristen, Laura |
Back in January, a group of friends from college decided it would be a great idea to sign up for a 5k at the end of April so we'd all have a reason to exercise over the winter. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get back in shape after having Natalie and get a little fitness back. Fast forward to last Saturday, aka, Race Day. Weather conditions: rainy and FREEZING cold! Fitness condition: the only times I ran were when Ryan was trying to get out of my reach to get into mischief.....oops. Needless to say, this race was going to be a mess from the beginning. I ended up running with my friend on the far left for a little while and walked the rest while my bright colored friends to the right ran their little hearts out the entire way. I was thinking we'd come it at maybe 45 minutes or so just walking, and I was a little surprised that our actual time was 53 minutes! I was also terribly embarrassed when the race volunteers cheered for us as we walked by. It was a mortifying experience, but I loved spending 53 minutes catching up with my friend whom I hadn't seen in ages. :)
Incidentally, when I got home on Saturday, my issue of Runner's World had arrived with the blazing headline "Run your Best (or Fastest) 5k!" Gee thanks. :/ Funnily enough, my unexceptional performance has inspired me to actually run a 5k sometime this summer and beat my 53 minutes. I think I can do it! :)
1 comment:
The Get in Gear was my first 5k EVER! Back in 2006! :) And it was pretty much the exact same conditions for me as well, ha! I think you can run another one! :)
Post a Comment