| Oh sausage link arms, how I love thee. |
* We moved from a 3 hour feeding schedule to a 4 hour feeding schedule a few weeks ago which has been incredible! Now her feeding,wake and nap times fall much closer to that of the rest of the family.
* She has her last bottle of the day between 7:30 and 8, then goes to bed and sleeps until 7 or so and will talk to herself in her crib while I get Ryan breakfast (or finish waking up myself), until 7:30 or 8. She also takes 2, 2 hour naps during the day and catches about 45 winks in the evening while we are having dinner. She is definitely a morning person.
*She has discovered her hands. And not just that they are attached - that they can do stuff. Like get a thumb into her mouth (yes, for as much pacifier as I tried to make this kid take, I have a feeling we have another finger sucker on our hands. Oy). Or grab big fistfuls of my hair and suck on it gleefully (thankfully, my period of massive postpartum hair shedding is nearing completion - or my vacuum hopes so anyway)
*She has started to laugh. It's a little two-grunt laugh and it usually shows up during raucous games of "peek-a-boo." It's so sweet.
*She had been talking for a while, but for a week or so was quiet and I kind of wondered what was going on. Then a few days ago, she started up again. Today she "gabbed" all the way to the store and even Ryan commented on how much she was talking. She has so much inflection in her voice that she kind of sounds like cats fighting when she really gets going.
*She doesn't protest to much of anything at all, with the exception of being cold. She cries and screams when she is cold, and that really only happens after bathtime. She loves the bath, but getting dried off and dressed again is pure torture for all of us! I hope the day never comes where she associates baths with being cold and just refuses to take them. One time she got cold when I was changing her diaper at a travel stop (because who seriously puts the diaper changing station right under the a/c vent??) and she screamed so much it was really hard to calm her down! Then we walked out of the bathroom to quite a number of people looking at us (and their fingers on the CPS speed-dial no doubt).
*She is wanting to roll over and stand up! When she's on her back she will use her legs to arch her back up, then flops to the side. I'm not sure how the laws of physics are going to allow her to get around that belly and her arms, but with enough momentum, I think she'll figure it out. She also loves to stand on our laps rather than sit. She can only handle it for a couple minutes before the hammies give out, but she sure looks accomplished as she looks down at us!
*This is not about her as much as it is about me, but I love having a girl! :)
1 comment:
she is so sweet :)
Post a Comment