I'm not even sure how to say what I'm about to say right now. It's still so surreal.....
I quit my job.
Done-zo
Just like that.
Today I went in for the last time to clean out my desk and turn in all my work incidentals and it was so weird. I mean I spent more awake time with those people than my own family for 4 years. We cheered for each other, shared life with each other and I'm sure some of my tendencies annoyed them, just like some of their tendencies annoyed me (clipping fingernails at their desk, anyone??). But when I was there, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and I felt a little bad about it. I haven't written about it here but the environment and morale at my office has been horrendous since a buyout happened last year. There is a lot of work and not enough staff. There were a lot of compensation and benefit changes that we all had to take. I just know any one of them would have wanted to trade places with me in a second. But hopefully, either things will get better for them, or they will find positions with companies that will suit them better. And even though I haven't been there since Natalie was born, it feels (and is) so official now. I haven't been unemployed since I was a teenager!
But accounting isn't going anywhere any these two will only be little for the blink of an eye. I think we are going to get along great together. :)
5 comments:
Congratulations! Welcome to your new job! :) It's the best job in the world!
I'm so happy for you. Although I know you were a great professional worker, I can only imagine the angst of not being able to be with your babies every day. So congratulations, friend!!
good for you!
i quit my job when i was ttc and realized that although i adore my colleagues, the stress is just too high
i still am in touch
they sent me a gift basket when timothy was born
but i am so glad i did quit back then!
and your (U.S.) matleave is so short... kudos for making this hard choice - enjoy! i already am terrified by how fast they grow...
Happy for you Shannon:) They are such little dearies! We should get together sometime soon:)
Thanks Friends! Today was technically my last day of maternity leave and I just can't imagine going back into the rat race again. I'm so thankful for this time with them.
Claire - I would love to get together soon!
Post a Comment