Friday, March 09, 2012

2 Month Appointment

Today (not so) little Miss Natalie had her 2 month appointment.  Here's what we found out:

Weight: 12 pounds, 9 ounces  (81%)
Length: 24.25 inches (98%)

People, we have a giant baby!!! I mean I knew she was bigger than Ryan at this age, but I had no idea by how much because Ryan was always hanging out at the 5-10% curve.  I just thought she was probably average and I never dreamed she would be sitting at the TOP of the growth curve!  Way to go Nattie!

All prettied up for the doctor
The appointment itself was kind of a mess though.  Our appointment was at 11 and at 11:45, we were still sitting in the room waiting for the doctor.  I have never done this, but I went out to the nurses station and asked where the doctor was and how late he was running.  Just then he rushed out of a room and said it would just be a few minutes.  10 more minutes and he finally makes it to our room with a laptop in hand.  He's reading questions to me about development and milestones with regard to Natalie off the computer and noting what I'm saying. I think that had to do with their new electronic medical record system, but geez, it really slowed everything down.  So we talked about a few things like her clogged tear duct (got a massage to do for it) and her preference for sleeping with her head to the right (I want to avoid a flat spot so I got some instructions on that).  All in all it was a good exam and I liked him MUCH better than the non-kid-liking pediatrician we had been taking Ryan to, even if he was a bit sloth. 

Then it was shot time.  We had to wait 20 more minutes for the nurse to get back to our room with the vaccines.  What is the deal with these people?  Sure Ryan's pediatrician didn't like kids, but at least she was quick about getting the cruddy part of the appointment over with!  So we finally get the shots (3 in all) and Natalie cried with this cry I have never heard before.  It was a pain cry plus what I can only describe as a "what the heck are you doing to me" cry.  Now I finally understand moms that want to cry when their babies get shots.  Ryan always took them like a pro.  A little crying during the shot, but always less than a minute to soothe.  Natalie took 10 minutes to calm down to whimpering.  So sad!

So anyway, our well-check and shots took TWO HOURS in all! Glad that won't be happening again for a few months.  :)  Natalie has been grumpy this evening almost to the point of inconsolable at times, which is new for her, but I would guess that should subside tomorrow. I can't keep comparing her to Ryan, who was never grumpy after a shot, but I have to keep reminding myself that she's her own person. My sweet, giant baby girl.  :)

Hi-YA!!  Take that shots!!  I'm ready for you!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She's so cute!!! I can only imagine how much fun it is to dress up a girl! :)

Anonymous said...

haha, giant baby girl ;)
I have a feeling Timothy is a giant, too

well, he was born a giant, so no surprises there ;)

I know about crying with your baby. We haven't had the shots yet, but whenever Timothy cries because he cannot poop as much as he's trying to, my heart aches...