Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shredder

I am now officially a shredder.

No, not this one.....

Google


Or even this one.....


Google

I'm referring to this one......


Google

Flabby body + 10 year high school reunion this summer = need to get some fitness back.  Plus, working out may keep me out of the Girl.Scout cookies that Dennis needed to take to his office since I couldn't leave them alone......  :| 

I'm toying around with doing my measurements and posting them to keep me accountable, but I can't find my teeny-tiny sewing kit which has the flexible measuring tape in it.  I guess I could use a string and measure the string.  Not very scientific of course, but oh well.  Maybe I'll start tomorrow since that will be the start to a new week.  Nah, that sounds too procrastinator-y, I'm going to go find my string now.  :)  Wish me luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated with measurements (note to self - measuring with dental floss and a ruler of the Presidents isn't going to cut it next week - I have no idea how accurate these are, but it's a baseline of sorts)

Right Arm: 11 1/8 "
Left Arm: 10 3/4"
Waist: 38 3/4"
Hips: 40 1/2"
Right Thigh: 21 1/2 "
Left Thigh: 21 1/2"
Weight: 152 *taken Sunday morning
Here we go!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update from workout 1:  After thinking about my schedule with the kids, nursing, etc I'm going to do these workouts right away in the morning. No time to chicken out then! Plus, that's when I take my weight anyway so I can have a little more consistency in readings.  Anyway, YIKES!! I feel very shredded! I kept up with Jillian alright but my legs are like jelly and I know I'll be feeling it later and tomorrow.  On the bright side, it should get better from here, right?  Right??  ;)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That dvd is awesome! Super hard work, but definitely worth it! I did it after having Levi and it really helped me get started getting back in shape. Way to go! :)

Jessica said...

Yay, go girl can't wait to hear about it!

Shannon said...

Thanks gals! I don't know how I'm going to get through it tomorrow (and the next day and the next), but I'm going to kick butt and see how it goes!

KC said...

No matter how sore you get, keep doing it every single day the first 10 days at leaset. Taking a day off does not lessen the soreness so just push through it. I lost about 15 inches total doing the Shred, no pounds though cuz I built muscle, but still, super effective! I'm on to Ripped in 30 :)

Shannon said...

Thanks Kristen! I did a workout yesterday and it was much easier than day 1, so that is promising! I remember you saying the scale didn't move much which is why I decided to take my measurements too. Good luck getting Ripped! Let me know how it goes and I may do that one next!