Ready for more breastfeeding drama? I know I am!
This time it's a battle with thrush - an overgrowth of yeast and not because I've been doing a lot of baking in the kitchen.
So after days of stabby pain and excruciating nursing this week, with no more cracks or mastitis to blame it on, I called my trusty breastfeeding team at the clinic/hospital (well they should be my team anyway), and they gave me a 2 to 3 WEEK prescription treatment. Natalie is also getting a prescription for the inside of her mouth so we won't pass the yeast between each other....this is beyond ridiculous now.
Here is what I win with this new diagnosis:
*Cut out as much bread and sugar as I can
*Throw out all pacifiers and basically anything Miss Natalie has had in her mouth. Throw the new ones out and get a third set after the symptoms of thrush disappear and treatment is over.
*No deodorant for me as it can be a food source for yeast
*No playdates for me due to the above ^^
*Everyone gets a new toothbrush once treatment has begun and again when symptoms disappear
*.....a bunch of laundry things which is great since I looooooove laundry so much
So I may take my chances with the deodorant one since I'm not sure if I could live with myself by the end of the day without a little help in that area. Not to mention that after nearly 8 years of marriage, Dennis would finally find out that I don't smell like rose petals and gardenia all the time. :)
I talked to my mom and she gave me several homeopathic remedies that I'm trying too. I'm taking grapefruit extract and a really good probiotic and also some raw apple cider vinegar with "The Mother" (seriously what it's called) to do laundry in and apply to affected areas on myself. I think all of this stuff should knock this yeast right out of town.
I started the grapefruit and probiotic yesterday and I can already feel an improvement in the shooting pains in my breast and the severity of pain during latch and nursing. Natalie also seems happier because she ate at 6:30pm, 10:30pm, then slept until 4:30 and I got her up at 7:30 to start the day! I remember when Ryan did that the first time and it was about a week until he did it again and it became regular, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high here, but it felt good to get 5.5 hours of sleep! I haven't done that since January 5th!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on the Shred: I missed yesterday because I was a basketcase with doctor appointments and pain, but I picked it up again today and it's definitely not as hard as it was on the first day. Soreness is at a minimum and it just feels really good to get my heart rate up again. I'll move onto Level 2 as scheduled if only because Jillian is INCREDIBLY annoying in her commentary during the Level 1 workout! She calls the other girls in the video "Buddy" which it drives me nuts and if I hear her talk about "phoning it in at the gym" again it's going to be the end of me! Thankfully today I found out you can do the video with music only so I am definitely doing that from now on. I also got a flexible measuring tape for my measuring and it's pink. :) I'm interested to see how my measurements pan out from this, especially when I'll be off sugary and carb snacks for the next few weeks too.
4 comments:
oh no! i am so sorry :(
I hope the diagnosis is correct and things will get better soon. No, scratch that - I hope things will get GREAT!!!
Oh my gosh. I'm so annoyed on your behalf! How frustrating. I've been keeping up on your blog. I had commented on others, but they didn't work for some reason. But I do care! And I hope things improve soon! I'll be praying. :)
LOL -- I get so annoyed with those exact two comments that Jillian makes!!!! I did not know you can do the music only though, thanks for the tip!! :) So sorry you're going through all of this with breastfeeding -- but you're an amazing mama for sticking it out and doing what needs to be done! Way to go!
Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the support and Cassie....I believe you!! :D
Post a Comment