Oh! Why hello! Thanks for popping by, just let me grab my robe and we'll have a little chat to catch up!
Did you know it's your lucky day? You have won an all-expenses-paid trip to the past month of our life that we've been living while I haven't been blogging!
This rewind will probably be a couple of parts due to the fact that, 1) it's been a month filled with actually blog-worthy activities that I don't want to forget, 2) I'd like to get back into the routine of blogging regularly again, and 3) my fingers would fall off if I tried to cram everything into one post.
So, I'll start things off with a bang and get to the pregnancy update. Just a few more of those to go after all!
We are nearing the end! Officially 5.5 weeks to go, but if Little Miss shows up when Ryan did (at 37 weeks, 1 day), that would give us a January 2nd birthday. Wow!! That be not very long from now. :) I am definitely slowing down and getting tired out very early in the evenings again. I could probably go to bed at 8:30 every night, but the laziness of not wanting to get up to wash my face and brush my teeth generally keeps me up an additional hour or so. Wow, does that ever sound pathetic! I guess I'm just enjoying the quiet evenings while I can, right?
Turning over in bed is quite the chore and probably quite the sight as well! What's weird is that I have a lot of pain where my c-section scar is (at the very, very base of my belly), and it only presents itself when I roll over in bed. As she has been getting bigger as of late, this pain is getting more pronounced. I talked to my dr. about it a handful of appointments ago and she supposed it was from scar tissue or just general growing in the area, but I'm going to ask about it again on Wednesday when I go in. She also suggested Tylenol which made me laugh as I recalled how violently ill it makes me. How wonderful it will be to have options for pain relief once this baby arrives!
In my opinion, I'm carrying an itty bitty baby like I did with Ryan who tipped the scales at a whopping 5 pounds, 12 ounces at birth.
And I guess I'm a bit more pointy than I was the first go around......maybe I'm just carrying lower? I guess that could explain my aforementioned pains.
I have purchased a ticket to C-Section City, but I probably won't be widely sharing the date of departure. Not really sure why, maybe that it will be more exciting for our family and friends? That it will feel more "spontaneous" to them if they just get a call one day, (or the night before or something)? So people won't ask if I'm ready or nervous every 8.5 minutes leading up to the day? I guess I never talked to Dennis about this grand scheme though, so I'm not sure if he's shared the eviction date with anyone. :) Whoops. My ultimate hope and dream, however, is to never have that ticket stamped because I will be re-routed through Natural Nation instead. We shall see though. As far as I (and my doctor) can tell, this child is head down, unlike her mischevious big brother so I'm glad there is at least a shot to have this girl the old-fashioned way.
We took our hospital tour this past weekend, since we'll be delivering at a different hospital than with Ryan, and we had a lot of fun looking at the brand new babies. Ryan was especially enamored and was so curious when one of the new dads brought his baby girl out into the hallway. The next morning, Little Miss was moving around a lot and Ryan asked if she is going to be born now. Too. Stinking. Cute. He is going to be a great big brother in my estimation.
So that's all I can think of right now for babyland before I get carpal tunnel all up in my hands. If there's anything I left out that you're curious about, let me know!



5 comments:
haha, the laziness to get teeth brushed keeps me awake a bit longer, too ;)
you look great
and I am glad to see I am not the only one with a big pointy belly ;)
I just love your blogs. They crack me up every single time! You look great, not much longer now! Yay! :)
Thanks you guys! :)
Shannon- Amen on the pointy ness...people see me these days and several have asked..."So it's any day, now right?" And when I reply that no, Feb 3 is my due date, I am often met with a groan or the wide eyes of disbelief! Or if I am having twins. Good golly, people are certainly willing to offer their opinions on my size these days...I miss you and we should get together soon!
uh....whats the problem with going to bed at 8:30? wait...maybe ive said to much..but....if Dad and I start having supper at 4, and driving a golf cart in south florida...feel free to euthanize us. JUST KIDDING, this isnt our living will.
Post a Comment