Yesterday afternoon I had a doctor's appointment.
Baby is fine and the belly is measuring right on schedule.
The rest of me (specifically my behind), however, is measuring "close to the upper range of what we like to see." *Ahem*
I figured this conversation with the doctor was coming because I haven't been intentionally exercising at all during the last few months. Coupled with the fact I've probably been indulging my sweet tooth a little too much and a little too often means I've really gotten my double chins into a bit of a pickle. And all of this with the holidays coming up. Yippee. : / Plus, I can't even blame it on swelling either - my wrists still have definition and my ankles are looking fit as a fiddles!
So here is my plan (which is Dr. approved).....stop eating so much crap so frequently. If I'm being honest with myself, it's absolutely a self-discipline issue. I have slowly trained myself to eat something if it's around. To finish my plate because I'm pregnant and I can, rather than assessing if I'm still hungry. To polish off the rest of Ryan's dinner because it's not enough to save for the next day. It's time to throw out the stashes of candy around the house (darn you Halloween candy sales!) and just enjoy one sweet treat per day, if I feel like it. I am also going to start taking the stairs to my 3rd floor office, instead of taking the elevator. Today I tackled that for the first time in a good while and my quads and hammies were not pleased. This might be the extent of my workout regimen at this point, but hopefully I can throw in a few Wii Fit workouts a few times a week too.
I think this will be a good start to getting back into a healthy frame of mind. My goal is not to lose weight, but to not add too many more sticks of butter to the 140 I've tacked on my frame since last May (thanks for the butter gauge Cranny!). Hopefully I'll make the good doctor proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment