Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Baby Baking Update!

MISSING:  A span of time roughly 13 weeks, also commonly referred to as a trimester in the pregnancy community.  I am missing the second one.

WHEREABOUTS: Unknown.  The last I remember I was throwing up at the thought of oatmeal, and now here I sit (or lounge or lay around, whatever) at 29 weeks!

That's the third trimester out of three, people!

Thankfully, I was in the right frame of mind to capture a bit of the transformation that's been going on.  And no, I have no idea why my eyes are so buggy in all of these (which you may not have noticed anyway, had I not just pointed it out right now... *facepalm*). 




So here is an update for all things Baby Girl......

* My last doctor appointment was last month, on the 21st.  We had an ultrasound earlier that week because the 20 week one didn't get a good picture of her face (to rule out clefting issues) and we were able to confirm that there were no facial issues and we are certainly having a girl!  We also confirmed she was head down, though that is subject to change many times, I'm sure, before her delivery date.  What's nice about that point of reference is now I can tell where her big ol' melon is when I feel around the top of my belly based on what my belly felt like with Ryan. 

* I have a dr. appointment tomorrow and after that I will start going every other week!!  I can't believe we're already to this point.  I feel like it wasn't that long ago when I was getting bloodwork done every week to see where my sluggish hormone levels were at and being told when I'd have to call in to get my fertility medications filled at the pharmacy.  I'm so thankful that progesterone was the missing piece to keeping this baby healthy and in it for the long haul.  We'll also select a c-section date tomorrow!  Eek!  It is not my intention to use it, as I am really hoping to have a delivery with the absence of slicing/dicing, but if she ends up being breech right at the end again, I want to be with the doctor I like.  Now I just have a few hours to pick out a fun date for her (see previous post)!  My due date is 01-22-2012, but maybe I like 01-21-2012 better??  Hopefully God will decide her birthday without any help from me, just like he did for her big brother, and it will be perfect, and I won't need to worry about any of it.  :)

* Little Miss has a NAME and we are so excited to share it with you when she arrives!  :)  Truthfully, Dennis and I had a much harder time trying to think of a suitable name for this little gem of a girl. I felt more pressure for her to have a feminine name, but not too common, but something that had a nice meaning, and something that sounded nice with Ryan and our names, but not too "matchy."  Finally, Dennis and I were going back and forth for the longest time between 2 names and on October 18th, Dennis surprised me with the final decision. I'm not monogramming everything in sight yet though, I want to take a good look at her before knowing for sure, for sure.

*This past weekend, a handful of girlfriends threw me a sprinkle for baby girl!  We had brunch at Granite City which was delish and baby girl received some very thoughtful, very adorable gifts!  I am so thankful to be blessed with such wonderful friends. 
* Aches and pains and weight gain - oh my!  My belly feels very tight most of the time and our little dear seems to have a problem with me ever leaning forward.  Even if she's been quiet for some time, the moment I bend over or lean forward in my work chair, I will get a jab!  Once I move back, all's quiet in the belly again. She's so predictable!  My hips have begun to hurt at night, which I remember from my Ryan days.  It's much more tolerable this time though, because I know it will last for the duration. With Ryan I kept thinking if I tried this or that it would go away - but nope - and it just made me feel frustrated.  In the weight gain department, I haven't been working out like I did while pregnant with Ryan, but I've gained about the same amount so far.  We'll see what the scale says tomorrow though!!  When Dennis' gym membership renews this winter, I'm going to see if I can be added since they have childcare there. It will be nice to hideout in sweatshirts for most of the winter, while things are getting back into place though!  Oh, I've also sprouted a little speck of a new stretchmark which is picking up where one of Ryan's marks left off.  Boo. But oh well.  Other than that stuff, I've been feeling really good and haven't thrown up since September 11th!  That's a pregnancy record for me as I threw up at least once a week, every week, with Ryan.

Okay, if you've stuck in there to read this entire thing - congratulations!!  I can't believe we are getting so close to meeting her!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You look fantastic! So glad you're feeling good this time around, being sick is no fun! :)

Jenny B said...

Congratulations, Shannon!

I'm so excited for you and Dennis. Welcome to the world of girls. It's fun! I can even say that as we are fast approaching the "dreaded" teen years with our oldest. She'll be 12 in Jan.

My mother-in law's birthday is on Jan. 22. I thought you'd be interested to know that it is the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. It is all you hear about all day. I can tell you she gets sick of it. :-) But, hopefully, you won't have to pick the day but the little one will show up all on her own.

May the Lord bless you as you train your children to love and fear him.

Jenny Bergren

Anonymous said...

do you normally wear glasses? Eyes often look like that when you remove them...

looking good, regardless!!!

Shannon said...

Thanks everyone!

@Jenny - I can't believe M is going to be 12! Where does the time go? Since the hospital doesn't schedule c-sections on the weekend, odds are pretty slim that her birthday will coincide with Roe v Wade. I guess she'll just have a run-of-the-mill birthday, unless she's born on the 20th, which is my birthday!

@zygotta - Thank you! I do have glasses, but wear contacts 99% of the time. I think my bugginess may be because my husband thinks it's hilarious to take a zoomed in picture of just my face (or part of it) before every belly picture, and I just want him to get it done with already!