Well, the Dane family pictures were yesterday. I figured it was probably best to get them done earlier this year since my face isn't going to get more photogenic the closer we get to January. haha! :)
I, obviously, started fretting about what we will wear weeks ago. Obviously.
For Ryan, I snagged an adorable Nautica outfit from Marshall's consisting of a navy sweater, navy/yellow plaid collared shirt and blue jeans. Toddler perfection I tell you!
In a perfect world, Dennis and I would have been in coordinating oatmeal or tan shirts, dark blue jeans and neutral shoes/accessories. But if there's one thing I learned in Sunday School, it's that we don't live in a perfect world.
Fast forward to Saturday and I am scouring the maternity store looking for the aforementioned oatmeal or tan shirt and there are none.to.be.found. Apparently if it's not black, grey, or some awful print, they won't manufacture it. So I'm quizzing the poor sales gal about what colors I could wear since oatmeal is out and she gave me a few ideas and I settled on an off-white cardigan sweater. I wasn't terribly thrilled though because I still had to find something to wear under it. But it was good enough I guess.
You may be wondering, what about Dennis in all of this? Well, he's handsome in everything, so I just didn't worry about him (this will be an important point later).
Then Sunday rolls around. Pictures are at 4:00. After we got home from church and had lunch, I had the horrifying epiphany that Ryan's outfit wasn't going to work. Why?? Well, it's 80 degrees and gorgeous outside. And my new sweater wasn't going to work either, because it's too thick and too hot (and made me look like an albino wooly mammoth).
So I grab a new (old) shirt from Ryan's closet and get to work. Problem is, now my dear Looks-Amazing-in-Everything husband doesn't have a stitch of anything that will coordinate. Enter shopping trip #3 to find clothes. At this point, I realize this is WAY too much work and I just want to take a nap and scrap the whole thing! Anyway, I found two potential shirts for myself, a polo that will be divine for Dennis, and everything was reasonably priced. I get home and realize none of the shirts I picked out will look very good with what the boys were wearing. :( A near breakdown and mental collapse ensue, which is quickly remedied by a 20 minute nap.
Now for those keeping track - we are down to less than an hour before pictures and I still have (in my estimation) nothing to wear. 15 minutes of scouring yielded for me a white blouse I had forgotten about and which still fit! Eureka!
Pictures ended up going well and we should have the results this week. Ryan was such a good sport and we got some really cute pictures - where he's actually smiling!! Yippee!!
So if anyone is still with me......here is the final tally....
3 different shopping trips
3 different shirts for me
1 polo shirt for Dennis
1 outfit for Ryan.......
.......and Ryan and I ended up wearing stuff we had in our closets the whole time.
Needless to say, I've got a lot of returns to make this week!
3 comments:
Lol!!! We took family pictures yesterday at 4:00 too! What are the odds?! Can't wait to see them, I'm sure you all look fabulous!
can't wait to see the pictures!
I can't wait either!! It's a shame I liked a photographer that also has a day job :)
He said they'd be finished within the week though and I will be sure to post!
Post a Comment