On Thursday night, Dennis and I both had activities to attend and I drew the short straw and brought Ryan with me. (The options were bowling league or worship team practice and to be fair, bowling league with a 2.5 year old didn't sound very safe or appealing to either of us) :)
So I packed up Ryan, his blankie, dinosaur fruit snacks, cookies, our portable DVD player and his favorite friend, Thomas the Train, to make the trip to church so I could rehearse.
Everything was going great, Ryan was watching his movie intently and everyone else was chatting and getting warmed up. Just before our worship pastor prayed, Ryan made his way up to me. I picked him up and explained we were going to pray so when we started praying, Ryan put his head down and just about closed his eyes (although he thinks we think his eyes are closed - clever little boy!). As prayers in church can go sometimes, this ended up being a longish prayer. About halfway through, Ryan asked if he could sit on a chair. I said not right now, that we were praying, and we'll be done soon. Ryan was quiet again and looking around for about a minute when he blurted out......
I wanna say Amen!
Apparently, he was officially through with this talking to God business. We all had a good laugh about it after the prayer - gotta love the honesty of kids!
1 comment:
Love this story - way too funny!
Post a Comment