Just another update on my insides.......I figure I've shared everything up to this point, you should know the conclusion too! Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words, they brought a smile back to my face. :)
So, I went to the doctor this week and found out I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (aka PCOS, aka Pretty Crappy Ovarian Situation). My ultrasound revealed that I had generated 33 eggs this month, and while I am usually proud to be an overachiever, in this case it wasn't a good result. Anything over 10 or 12 is trouble. That's probably why in the middle of each month I felt like my insides were going to burst!
I am bummed that I'll have to deal with this my entire life, but there are a few positives I'm going to keep in my mind.
1) Not ovulating is VERY effective and VERY inexpensive birth control.
2) I have ninja ovaries that have the capability to create a small army each month.
3) Since a higher risk for diabetes and heart disease is present, I'll have a good reason to eat well and exercise than just for vanity sake.
So that's what I know. I'm glad to have an "official" thing wrong with me, rather than just feeling nuts all the time, and hopefully the next time I talk about my reproductives, it will be with good news. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment