Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Extreme Home Makeover: My Edition!!

We've had an exciting week around here for once!  Wahoo!  Last Friday, Dennis and I dropped Ryan off with Grammie and Papa and we headed out of town to San Diego.  I plan to dedicate a post to the amazing time we had there with some pictures, but I want to post about our new house updates first! 

Since we were out of town anyway, we scheduled to have a path put in our yard to our firepit and have the ground around the firepit paved also (biggest appeal for me being I didn't have to weed around that dumb thing anymore!) 
Before

After: (in the dark, but you get the idea)
We really can't wait to have some serious BBQ and fire action out there this summer!!  And since we were going to have people milling around our house anyway while we were gone, we figured we'd get some painting done too!  Here is our living room before:
Please note white splotch on the wall,
 mismatched paints to cover wall repairs
and the horrid fleshy tone of it all (Best yet,
our living room/dining room and hallway were all this putrid color)
 
After: beige with yellow undertones on the walls

And my favorite (besides the adorable couch accessory):
A celery green accent wall!!  Glorious I tell you!
Now I just need to get everything on the walls again and we'll be set!  We also painted our kitchen a sunny yellow which looks terrific when you look in the dining room from the kitchen!  I am so, so happy with how it all turned out.  I've decided that paint is a wonderful pick me up! 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOVE the green wall! I think I might need to break out the green paint for a room in my own house! Our house is painted very "safe" colors like brown and dark green, and Keagan's room is a toffee color and I love that it's more dramatic. Maybe we'll do another bedroom in green!