She's closing.
For good.
In TWO WEEKS.
![]() |
| Google Images |
In daycare land, for those who do not have to deal with it, this is pretty short notice. Sure, she could have said she was closing last Friday. I get it - at least I have some time. But to find and interview for an in-home opening with a non-loser-type person takes time. Add in a daddy who is working 80 hours week and a mom who is trying to keep everything else together and needless to say.................
![]() |
| Google Images |
So I spent all of last week scouring ads (someone suggested finding someone on Craigslist........uh this is my kid remember?), making calls and firing up our network to find someone. The first person I called was completely ridiculous and told me all about the drama in her life like maybe she forgot I was calling to see if she would care for my kid every day??? I had a meltdown after that. :/ Then I met with someone who was completely amazing, but charges about 30% more than our current place. We had to fiddle with our budget so our current rate would work with the new business and everything, so 30% more is all but out of the question as far as childcare expenditures go. Back to the drawing board.
Then, in the middle of the week, we got a call from friends from church and they said they would be available to watch Ryan! Wowzers!! We talked about rates and all of that technical garbage today and I think it's going to work out! I'm completely thrilled!! They are a wonderful family (who reads my blog - hi!!!) and they have a daughter that's just a month older than Ryan. Wahoo! Thank you, you know who you are!!
We're also going to interview with our neighbor's daycare provider for an opening she has in June. She's right on my way home from work. Like, take an exit, take a couple of turns and I'm there and just 5-10 minutes from home. Better than a drive thru. :)
So this all appears to be getting resolved. It sure wasn't fun to have the rug ripped out from under us though, and I was pretty sure I gave myself an ulcer by the time Thursday rolled around. I discovered it was a huge challenge for me to relinquish control and let the Lord open the doors. My prayers started out as "Lord, work such-and-such a thing out," and by mid-week they were "I don't have a clue what you're going to do here, Lord, but I know you're going to do something. Help me listen and see." It's probably good for me to have prayers like that every once in a while.
And now we can get back to regularly scheduled blogging. :)


1 comment:
Aww I'm so sorry that happened! Craigslist isn't ALL bad -- that's how I advertised that I have a home daycare and I'm not scary! :) It's often people's last resort to look there though, so I totally understand not wanting to do that. It's definitely a scary situation trying to find someone that you completely trust with your own child, hence the reason I stay home and watch other people's kids! Especially here in Arizona, I don't trust a.n.y.o.n.e. But I'm praying that everything will work out smoothly for you guys!
Post a Comment