Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book Em

Hi,

I have a secret. I have an area of my house that is horribly disorganized.  So much so, that it's quite embarrassing.  The worst part is that it's right in our living room and if it weren't for our oversized couch, it would be directly visible to people coming in our house.  *sigh*

Our book situation is out.of.control.

And this is just the half of it!
You see, I have a child who adores reading.  As such, people (rightfully so) purchase books for Ryan on special (or really any) occasions.  So during the past two years, we've been accumulating book after book with no where to put them since our other bookcases were ruined when our basement flooded.

Enter my sweet Mother-in-Law Annette who hates to see me stressed out about lack of organization and clutter. She offered to go shopping with me so we could find a suitable bookcase to corral the mess and I excitedly took her up on her offer.  She has a good eye for decorating and, even more importantly, wisdom to ask questions I never think of until after the check card is swiped.  I also have a really hard time committing to something as "permanent" as furniture.

Well, here is what we found and what was delivered to our house last Saturday! 



Before
 


After

I just LOVE it!!

Thankfully, Ryan has only tried to climb on it once, and that was before there were books on it. Now he just takes his sweet time picking out books to read since he can actually see all of them!  Score one for organization!  :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute! We have a mini bookshelf for Keagan and it's already overflowing with too many books!