Thursday, October 21, 2010

Firsts for Me!

Well this should be the last post to catch up on notables from my hiatus earlier this month. I went to a women's retreat at Camp Shamineau and had such a wonderful time! I went with a friend from church and also met up with a roommate from college, Amy. Sure, we may not have had warm water close by, and there weren't locks on the cabin doors (very telling about how "city" I've become), but we had a terrific time!

The three Musketeers

The lake. Trust me when I say the foliage was at its PEAK! It was really breathtaking.

The camp had so many adventurous things to try for a nominal fee and I thought I'd better give it a try! First up, the giant swing. There's really nothing like being hoisted 4 stories in the air and being dropped from a treetop. Completely awesome. Buuuuuuut, I only have a video that I'm screaming in, no pictures, and I'm hesitating posting the video because I'm.....um.....loud. :) I guess I'll wait on that. Next up though, zipline. Completely awesome also and because there wasn't a crazy line, I did it three times.

Here's me being told how to not die on the zipline. Very helpful.



There I am in the middle catapulting toward earth. Thankfully there was someone on the other end of the valley that caught me. Wowza!!

I'm so glad that in my regular, wife/mom/accountant/risk=0 life, I had the opportunity to get my heartrate up and experience something so thrilling. But I do have a question for the actual thrill seekers out there - seriously, how do you wear those harnesses for more than an hour?? I didn't have one on long, but it was threatening to become a permanent fixture of my physique. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've always wanted to try a zipline! It looks like so much fun!

Amy said...

Yay! Such wonderful memories! I think you should put the giant swing video up. I'm not sure your readers will believe you unless they have proof. :)