Thursday, October 28, 2010

Boo-bot

Halloween came a little early at the Dane house this year! We certainly didn't mean for that to happen, but yesterday was Pumpkin Fest at church and today Ryan got a spooky package from Gramma and Papa in the mail, so this is about as fun as it gets!
Yesterday over lunch, my friend and I went over to the mall and I found this adorable robot costume for $5.35 at The Children's Place!! Sure beats sewing one......or even having to think very much. :)

Ummmm......some of us had a bit of a problem at first with the head covering.......

That didn't last long though, and soon enough he was pumpkin bowling with Dad

Instead of hula-hooping the very large pumpkin in front of him, Ryan flung the hoop perfectly around himself!

Doing the pumpkin beanbag toss. He kind of cheated by not really tossing, but we got a piece of candy anyway.
Then today on our front step was a large package and it was filled with spooky little presents from Dennis' parents. I thought Gramma decorated his bag so perfectly!


His loot. Ryan's favorites were the pear juice (not pictured as Ryan had already drank it), the stickers and the orange flashlight with removable covers which made different shadow shapes. Before bed, we turned all the lights out and played with that for SO long! His favorite shadow was the little pumpkin - he kept saying "pa-keen, pa-keen." :)

Sneaking away with his flashlight


Then we had a lot of fun with the stickerbook too. I really didn't mind being a canvas for Ryan's creative whims. Thanks Gramma and Papa for fun treats and a fun night!

We'll probably bring Ryan around to a few neighbor's houses on Sunday night, but it seems like Halloween 2010 is kind of over for us. Now I'm just waiting for the candy to go on clearance. Yum. *heart*

No comments: