Yummy right? (Please take note of the little spot in the middle of its "head"- right above the fangs-that would be its eye(s) which were so large they actually set off the red-eye reduction feature on my camera.) I was half expecting him to pour me a cup of coffee and hand over a copy of the morning newspaper. :)
Well after screaming bloody murder, I ran up the stairs to grab my camera (for bloggy purposes such as this of course) and called out to Dennis for his arachni-fearlessness. As he reached for the paper towels I mentioned that he may need something a little stronger for this one. That really threw him for a loop, so he just came downstairs with me to assess the visitor and ascertain the best killing option. After his initial shock wore off (this thing was honestly as big as the palm of my hand, legs and all), Dennis went back upstairs and came back down with a tennis shoe. Good choice in my opinion, there's lots of sole and other junk between you and the beast. Dennis then snuck up on the intruder and with one fell swoop the spider exploded on our newly refinished basement floor. yayyyyyy.... :/ It's worth noting that the regular clear/yellow spider insides didn't emerge from said beast, but blood. Real blood. Ish. I can't even think about how long it's been co-habitating with us, it makes my skin crawl......
~~~~~~~~
In other wacky Friday news, today at work our accounting system went down. As an accountant, that made for a very annoying day in the office. We had NOTHING to do, we didn't get the okay to leave until 3:00 "just in case" the system came back up, over half of the upper level management was taking a 3-day weekend, no one could figure out what the problem was with the system, AND we still have to do our work over the weekend if the system comes back up! (even though our clients likely WON'T be working over the weekend to even care about our reporting) Ugh, I was really pulling my hair out by the time I left. Hopefully work will go fast tomorrow and by Monday everything will be back to normal.
Well I guess that about wraps it up for today! I'm ready for the weekend!
2 comments:
ewwww!!!!!
What kind of spider was it?
So gross!!
Oh my! That looks like an Arizona type of spider! I'm freaking out just looking at the pictures!!!
Post a Comment