Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BB Update!

Last Saturday, little BB (aka bumblebee,aka beebs, aka Ryan) turned the big 15 months old! Here's what he's been up to lately:

Eating:
Ryan is a pretty good eater, but if he could have his way, he would eat nothing but fruit 24 hours a day. It takes about all I have just to get him to ingest a vegetable or protein (unless it's a green pea of course). Peas are still the bee's knees to Beebs (bonus points for all of that rhyming). :)


I can't get enough of this little smirky face! Melts my heart every time!

Sleeping:
Ryan is a boy who needs his beauty sleep and he's not afraid to make it known! Double plus is that he rarely will konk out any place other than his bed or on a car ride. This has made for some pretty interesting experiences as we've been out and about (and I'll just leave it at that).


Ryan in his little pool. He flat out refused to sit down and decided to play with the hose the entire time. Whatever, fun was had by all anyway. :)

Communication:
Ryan is becoming our little linguist! He is fluent in baby-ese and is even beginning to master English! He says a lot of words including, hi, baby, bye, all done, thank you, cracker, book/milk (sound very similar), MOM!, E-E (daddy from what I can tell) and one of his fast favorites, no. Hmm....I really wasn't ready for him to start saying that to me! Now when he tells me no, I say "Ryan say 'Yes Mommy'." I figure if I do that enough, he might actually say it back sometime!


Cuddling up with his book from Great Aunt Janet before bed.

Mobility:
This week our little dear started taking between 3-6 steps IN A ROW!! He's so proud of himself when he's doing it too. I've tried to get a picture of it, but I keep shouting and cheering so much that I can't keep the camera still and all of the pictures have been a disaster! Sometime though, I hope to catch the action.

Ryan walking toward me. It's the least terrible one I found!

For the Grandparents:

Last summer, Dennis' parents bought a tree and planted it at the resort they've been going to for 20 *ahem*-something years in honor of Ryan's first trip to Wildwood.

All of us at Wildwood

My dad makes gravestones for a living, so he found this rock on our farm and carved it out to put near the tree. I wanted to take a picture so Dennis' parents can see what it looks like. It's really going to look great by the tree. Thanks Dad! :)


Well that's all I've got for now! I'm getting more excited for the long weekend ahead!

No comments: