Heeeeeelllllllooooooooooo????????
*crickets*
Is anyyyyybodyyyyyyy out there?????
*faint sounds of interwebs life*
Oh whew! I thought I'd lost every last one of you! :)
I'm sorry for the impromptu hiatus - not intentional I promise - just wading through technical difficulties with picture loading and pretty much finding anything to do but blog (which I've discovered is incredibly easy!).
We've been up to a lot lately, so this will be the first of a series (the number of which I haven't decided yet - somewhere between 2 and 372 posts I'm fairly certain) of posts to catch you all up on the activities a la Dane.
First of all, my second Mother's Day was well.....fine. Spent a lot of time in the car and a lot of time consoling an all too tired little boy which made for a headache and bedtime at 8 (for ME!). Oh well, unrealistic expectations can set one up for a nasty spill. A couple of bright spots: Seeing family I hadn't seen in a long while and brunch. It was a yummy brunch and it provided the perfect opportunity for a comparison picture which I LOVE doing.
Us - Mother's Day 2010
Us - Mother's Day 2009
So much difference a year makes, heck I even started parting my hair on the other side! One thing remains the same though, we are one good looking bunch. ;)
(Sentimental side: The yellow brick road of motherhood this past year has had its share of scenic detours and broken cobblestones for me, but it's been worth everything.) :)
I'm also kicking things off with a gardening post because I'm sure you're all absolutely dying to know how my sorry excuse for an arboretum wannabe is coming along (and because I told my dear MIL I would show her my flowers which honestly wouldn't exist without her). :p
My Iris' and a striking *red* Peony. I just want to pry open those crimson blooms, but I know that would be a little premature.
The ever scorned Bleeding Heart
Euphorbia. The leaves under the blooms look like they've been spray painted yellow. It's a welcomed splash of color for spring whilst everything else wakes up.
Sweet little violas. They were $0.88 for a 6 pack on sale so I lined my garden with them. They are really thriving in this cold, clammy weather we've been moping through the past few weeks.
And finally, my Mother's day gift from Dennis. A weedhound (and in case you're wondering, yes, I asked for it). :) It pulls up dandelions and all sorts of pesky weeds in one fell swoop with *no* bending over required!! Hooray!
But my crowning horticultural achievement thus far is of course Ryan :)
(isn't this picture so Little House on the Prairie??? I love it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment