Monday, April 26, 2010

Update!!

Today my bumblebee is 13 months old!! Wowie!! Since I haven't done an update on him recently, I figured it's about time. Here is a glimpse into Ryan's world.....


Sleeping:
Ryan goes to bed around 7:30 and "wakes up" between 6:30 and 7 am. I say "wakes up" because more often than not, I'll peek into his room to see if he's still sleeping and he'll be playing in his crib or standing up waiting for me to come and get him. Luckily (unluckily?) for me, I can always tell how long he's been awake by the crabbiness factor during breakfast. :)
He still takes two naps during the day, an hour or so in the morning and 2-3 solid hours in the afternoon. Under no circumstance does he like to be woken up. It's akin to poking a stick at a hibernating bear. Game over.
(Look at that belly!!)
Eating:
Ryan is a very adventurous eater. He'll eat anything that's presented, but his favorite dish to date is lasagna. He will eat an entire serving, plus the vegetable being served topped by a chugfest of milk. I'm not exactly sure where he packs it all, but I'll tell you one thing, it's like lifting a cannonball out of the highchair after dinner.
His favorite snacks consist of graham crackers and yogurt. If he could fit an entire cracker and a spoonful of yogurt in his mouth at the same time, I think his life would be complete.
Talking:
Ryan babbles a lot and Ryan SINGS alot!! When I'm singing in the house or in the car, it's so sweet to hear that little voice mimicking what I'm doing. The 4-letter words you'll hear coming out of his mouth include "baby," "uh-oh" and "hi-ee." :) If we aren't getting what he's talking about or needing though, he usually melts into a little puddle of inconsolable-ness, complete with thrown back head and flailing arms. Boy, I hope that phase doesn't last long.
Moving and Shaking:
Ryan used to love sitting with us and letting us read to him, but now he is usually wiggling away to get somewhere else. He loves the walker we were able to borrow from friends and he usually forgoes the walking part and pushes it around on his knees instead. He certainly has his own ideas about how to get from point A to point B! He'll cruise around furniture, but isn't really interested in standing on his own. I'm not in a hurry though, but I imagine I'd better get to ordering that gate for our basement stairs. :) The picture below is the first successful time in months of clipping his nails. All 10. At once. He's so wiggly and then he gets upset when we try to get at a finger and then just screams. This particular time I got smart and turned on the ceiling fan and he was too entranced by the spinning and Daddy taking pictures that he didn't put up a fuss. Score!

And to wrap it up on a completely unrelated note, on Friday night Dennis and I got to get all dressed up and go out to dinner at a place that doesn't serve anything on wax paper or cardboard. It was wonderful!


1 comment:

jenny said...

Well you certainly have a doll on your hands! Can't wait to meet him in person. :-) And you're looking nice and svelte!