Friday, May 14, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame......

This spring, a brand spanking new, squeeky clean, outdoor baseball stadium was opened to the public (and MLB teams). Last Thursday, Dennis and I scored tickets to see a game. We were so excited because everyone and their brother had been talking about how great the stadium was. We picked up dinner on the way (Jim.my Jo.hn's - yes!) and settled into our seats. The weather was a little brisk so I was feeling very smart for bringing my jacket. Then, in the 3 inning, the rain started.

And it rained



And it rained


And it rained
:(

Luckily for us, our seats allowed us access to a *warm*dry* clubhouse area. Unluckily for us, loitering was frowned upon. So we watched a little of the game and found a toasty area under some heating lamps to enjoy (?) the rest of the game. When it was clear our beloved Tw.ins weren't going to win, we started our hike to the car. One thing I loved about baseball at the Metro.dome is that we knew exactly where to park for little to no money. At this park, there are more opportunities for free parking, but you also have to get to the game 2 hours early to avoid walking a mile. Definitely a trade off there, but we'll have a lot of time to figure that out as I'm sure we'll be back to many more games.

Downtown is to our back. Next time we get to an evening game, I'll definitely request seats on the other side so we can see the skyline.

Our little Minnesota sign. Everytime the Tw.ins got a hit, the outline lit up.

Nighttime at Target.Field.

Then last weekend when we traveled to Iowa, Dennis, his Dad and Ryan went to an Iowa Cubs game. (I think that's the Triple-A team of the Chicago Cubs, but don't tell my dear Father-in-law that I'm not privy to the difference) :)

They really had a wonderful time.


Ryan's been just crazy about walking and stairs, so this is the PERFECT combination!! He was on cloud 9!!


And looky here - a certain someone even got on the jumbo-tron!! Not being jealous, but I'm 26 and I've never been on a jumbo-tron. Just saying. :)


And because I would be remiss for not posting this, here is a picture of Ryne (Ryan) Sandberg. He's a Hall of Famer. He signed his name on a baseball that's now adorning our home. Dennis is so proud. :D

No comments: