Well I put the bird.....er boy......in bed at 7 last night and I didn't hear a peep out of him until 1:15am.
Hackhackhackhackhack.
No! The garlic was the magic potion! Our ticket to slumberland! I went in to survey the situation and I honestly don't think Brahm Stoker could have dreamed up a monster that would have went in that room, I need to do some serious deodorizing today! Anyway, I tried to help him calm down which he did quickly.
Whew!
Then at 2:00, the on and off whining started. Not crying, so I let him try to figure it out on his own for a while, but decided to go survey the situation again at 2:40. Probably needs a diaper and his sleep sack.
Okay, I can do this.
He's fine until I get to the wiping part of the diaper change and he flips and starts sobbing due to some wicked diaper rash and now he's fully awake.
Poor guy just can't catch a break!
I quickly finish, then rock him in my arms until a little after 3, and as long as I'm awake, my memory takes me back to the newborn days rocking my fresh, sweet little boy without having to worry about going to work in the morning.
Ahhh.....
He finally gets drowsy enough and I put him back in bed and hit the hay again myself. But now I'm fully awake! I roll around until 3:30 or so when I finally drifted off and awoke to the sound of my wretched alarm at 5:56. Ew. I think I'll give the garlic another try tonight and maybe stop by the store and get a humidifier too.
This is war!
1 comment:
We keep a humidifier in Keagan's room all winter. I don't necessarily use it every night, but if it's dry in his room, I'll usually run it all night and he seems really clear in the morning! Hope it helps!!
Post a Comment