Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Homeopathy: The Experiment

My little Ryan has had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad cold for the last several days. Hacking cough, nose "drainage" (ew) and overall malaise and crankiness. Yesterday, I remembered a blog post a dear friend wrote about a natural cure for said miserable cold symptoms (at night at least) and I all but begged her for her secret. She was very generous and reminded me of the method and tonight I threw all caution to the wind and gave it a try. As you can see from the title, it wasn't too risky so really what did I have to lose? The miracle potion consists of 1 clove of finely minced garlic combined with a bit of olive oil (and to be honest I didn't have olive oil so I used the vegetable variety - desperate times call for desperate measures right?). This concoction was then rubbed on Ryan's back and the soles of his little feet. Then I put him to bed to sleep (marinate?) and hopefully he will enjoy some rest until morning as was the norm until last Saturday night.

Well so much for now - I am really keeping my fingers crossed that this will work tonight so we can get back to the chipper, well rested group I know we can be and I'll be sure to update you with the outcome tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

jenny said...

Hope it works. Really do - for both your sakes!

Jenny B said...

I'm a huge fan of using a humidifier (a warm mist one, as the cool mist ones are obnoxiously loud). It helps them breathe which helps them sleep.

Hope you get some sleep tonight :-)