Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ridiculous-ness

So here we are. A few days after the news and I think we've come to a decision.

We are going to attempt the external version on Wednesday and see what happens from there. This decision was very difficult for us to come to since it means that there is a possibility (albeit remote) that our baby could be born on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Other than that though, we have done an extensive amount of research and will be doing a conference call with my doctor on Monday to re-consider our risks and make our final decision. There are times when the baby feels nearly sideways in my belly so I think it may be possible to get him to move further. I'll also be visiting the chiropractor again and hopefully she will be of some assistance.
Also littered among the medical literature surrounding an external version are various "home remedies" for making your child become more directionally correct. Dennis and I were feeling a little adventurous this evening so we combined a few of these alternative techniques into one hilarous scenario to try to get this kid to move.
Enjoy. I know I did. :)

This is me. Propped on an ironing board. With our Ipod playing Newsboys tunes to the bottom of my belly and holding a package of frozen hotdog buns on the top of my belly.

Pretty ridiculous, but at this point, I'll try anything. Well except maybe the toe pinching technique.........

2 comments:

Huber said...

that is hilarious! I love it. we are praying for you guys!

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

o Shannon...what an adventure parenting is...right from the beginning!
We are praying for you guys, as we are the praying type, and look forward to your news:) I had a such a wonderful
time at your shower...hope to see you again soon!