Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In the Minority

I would be remiss if I didn't begin this post with an enormous thank you for all of your encouraging words and prayers through this blog/email/facebook over the past few days. I know I do not walk this journey alone and the Lord is using each of you in a powerful way in my life as I lean on Him. It is the desire of my heart that He would be made known through all of this.

Today was a much better day than yesterday, as I am coming to accept what lies ahead, and as I read my 37 week pregnancy update I learned an interesting fact......

By this point in pregnancy, a mere 1 in 25 babies are in a breech presentation. I then got out my trusty calculator, did some fast figuring, and found out this equates to 4%. 4% of babies at this point are breech.

You know, I always wanted my child to be in the top 4% of something - I just didn't think it would be this! :)

There is still a chance he could flip and be like 96% of other kids - or he may not - and I am becoming more okay with that.

2 comments:

Kate said...

oh shannon, i'm sorry. jenny told me your news yesterday. I'll be praying for God to flip him around just in time. my heart is with yours. hang in there. there's still time.

Michelle said...

At least you're being optimistic -- he's in the top 4% of something! :) I enjoyed that!