David and Katie in their Cowboy attire.
Katie - she was SUCH a dolly on the trip! Praise the Lord for portable DVD players and Looney Tunes! :)
My mom showing her horse, Ima Cool Party. We were all beaming with pride!
Mom placed 10th in the WORLD for halter horses (meaning they are not ridden, they just stand around and look pretty).
She was stoked! She won a beautiful leather jacket for her efforts which is what she wanted the entire time!
My wonderful parents relishing the moment together.
Katie wanted a picture with her and "Baby Danish" (my family's name for the baby). At dinner on Wednesday night, we had a very long and dramatic wait at the restaurant (we ended up leaving after waiting through ONE HOUR of "it will be just 5 more minutes, we have a lot of high hats dining here tonight") I mean really? You can't just tell the truth so we don't have to keep prying the little kids off the fixtures and find somewhere else? They were incredibly rude......
Anyway, I digress, during our wait, Katie was telling me all about all of the things she wanted to do with Baby Danish when he was born such as:
"I will share my baby toys with Danish"
"I will babysit Baby Danish when you have to work during the day"
"I will let Baby Danish sleep in my bed if you need to work at night"
I've been thinking about daycare lately, and I guess my problem is solved! That was adorable, but my favorite was when she would periodically say:
"I love Baby Danish" :)
On Thursday as we were driving back, we were blessed to be able to stop in Wichita to visit our dear friends Jenny and Travis and meet baby Bella! I'm kind of glad we didn't end up stopping on Tuesday night since they ended up being a little busy in the ER getting Travis stitched back up again! Glad you're on the mend friend! :)
Jenny and Me :)
Baby Bella! I knitted the hat for her and was SO happy I could give it to her in person! It fit just perfectly!
Getting some loving in on Bella, she is so soft and perfect! I could have held her all day!
So that was our trip - I've got another story to share, but due to length, I will leave that for tomorrow! Hope you're having a good weekend!
2 comments:
Congrats to your mom, how fun! :) How have you been feeling lately??
yay... it certainly was so much fun to see you. Bella's been wearing that hat non-stop. It's Trav's new favorite. :-)
Post a Comment