Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend Highlights

I can't believe it's Tuesday night already! Here are some highlights from our past weekend:


Friday:
I got to work a half day and Dennis and I, along with Dennis' friend Mark, made the trek to Des Moines for the Hy-Vee Triathlon. I just love working half days!




(Mark and Dennis)

Saturday:

Breakfast with Dennis' family and tinkered around the house, which was really relaxing. Then the boys went to all of the pre-race meetings, etc to prepare for Sunday and Annette and I went shopping! As their gift for passing my last test, Bill and Annette got us a new camera!! I just love it and can't wait to take much more blogworthy pictures with it!!!

Sunday:

The Big Race. The boys were up at 3am to get to the race site, but the rest of us (me and Dennis' parents) were able to sleep a little later. It was a beautiful morning and I really had a good time taking pictures with my new camera!

Dennis and Mark did very well through their aches and pains and I was very proud to be cheering for both of them!

(Dennis on the bike course)



Dennis ended up finishing 10th overall for amateurs and Mark finished sometime after that.......(sorry Mark! I can't remember exactly!)

(Dennis on the jumbotron accepting his award - is there a world record for number of times on a jumbotron? I think Dennis would win!)


Dennis' childhood friend from Des Moines also met up with us to watch the women's race in the afternoon. It's so funny how guys can not talk for a year and pick up as if they talked yesterday......women don't work that way. We would be offended after 3 months for sure! :)

The highlight for me by far was watching Dennis try to keep up with the professional men, some of whom were vying for a spot on the Olympic team in Triathlon. If you have a minute (20 seconds really), take a look. Some things to note: (1) There is sound, (2) Dennis is the crazyman in the grass running next to some of the most talented triathletes on earth, (3) It is Mark's play by play in the background, and (4) I was laughing hysterically at the end which is why I couldn't get anything in focus. :)

A final highlight for Sunday was the drive home. We ran over another deer! To quote Michele: "what is it with you guys and deer?" I couldn't have said it better myself: I have no idea. A big thank you to Mark for staying awake and watching out for us. You rock. :)

1 comment:

jenny said...

Great pictures! MIss you dear friend!