Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happenings....

This weekend, Dennis' parents were here for a little visit. Friday night, we went to the Twins game and got the chance to watch a genuinely exciting game. 5 or so home runs by both teams and the Twinkies ended up squeaking by 7-6. We were sitting on the upper deck, behind home plate, three rows up and foul balls were being hit to upper deck just to the right and left of us. Dennis brought his glove (as he does for every game) and was just itching to catch one of them. He was in the middle of the row though so chances were slim he'd walk away with anything.

That all changed in the 3rd (or fourth inning) and what will follow is a pictoral representation of the events that unfolded:

J.J. Hardy hits a foul ball into the upper deck, taking direct aim at Annette and I (we are cowering in our seats and saying our prayers)

All of a sudden, Dennis shoots out of his chair, glove in hand and reaches to the row in front of him to shield us from most certain injury.........

The catch! Little did Dennis know that I knew the person he snatched the ball from! Oops!

Did I catch it???


Yesssssss!!!!

Dennis gave the ball to his dad as a belated birthday gift.

Bill proudly displaying his new foul ball!

Sunday was race day at Lake Waconia and Dennis took 7th!! Congratulations Dennis! Sunday was also shower day for me as I threw my younger sister a bridal shower. I can't believe she'll be married in just a month! I was pretty happy to have pulled it off logistically, and the look on her face as she opened a massage oil gift set from one of my parent's friends was priceless!!!!

Tonight my aunt and cousin are spending the night, so I'd better get cleaning!! Hope to put up some of my greenthumb adventures next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were at the Twin's game too! I wish we had known you were there and we would have come by to see the ball and say hi!

Daner said...

sounds like a great weekend! great pictures! Had a foul ball bounce off my hand at Wrigley once. Should have had MY glove that day. Dennis -- always prepared! Uncle Bob

Daner said...

sounds like a great weekend! great pictures! Had a foul ball bounce off my hand at Wrigley once. Should have had MY glove that day. Dennis -- always prepared! Uncle Bob