Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Me and Double D - The Story of Us

On this day, just 4 years ago, Dennis and I made the biggest decision we've ever had to make - to take each other ~ our bests and our worsts ~ our anomalies and quirks ~ our laughs and our tears ~ and share them for as long as we were blessed with breath.


The best decision I've ever made.


Here is the story of that day (plus some that preceded and followed) in pictures:



The early days, our engagement pictures at Northwestern!


Getting ready for the big event - butterflies in FULL force!!



Pictures before the ceremony - I wanted to make absolutely sure my makeup would be alright - so vain! But I cried the whole way through, so I am glad we did it that way!

Ready to be swept away

Finally the vows!

The Kiss!!

Ummmm.......what just happened?? I'm a wife!?! Wahoo!!

Our honeymoon. We went to Florida and I included this picture just for my love - he will know exactly what I mean. ;)

Dennis, you truly are the holder of my heart and I am completely blown away by our Maker for bringing you into my life. Though we haven't been without struggle and pain, those times are what makes our relationship beautiful and something I wouldn't trade for the world. You are my love and, after God, my life. I love you bub!


Love, Shanners <3

3 comments:

jenny said...

Gosh, you look young in those pictures! It's crazy because I don't think you look much different to me now, but looking back - we have aged. :-) Happy anniversary!

Michelle said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years already, you were such a beautiful bride!!! Maybe you guys should start a family now and join the rest of us pregnant women! :)

Shannon said...

Jenny - I think the same thing! I don't feel that much different, but I look back and things really are different!

Michelle - thank you! Time really flies and I can't wait to join the ranks of preggos - we're just waiting a few months to not have a busy season baby - then waiting on the Lord!