Saturday, May 31, 2008

Invasion!!

We have company!!


Since we've moved in this house last summer, we haven't had much of a pest problem.......well until today that is. In the last 24 hours, I have annihilated 5 of these creepy, crawly (and quick!) spiders. I am not sure why they are popping up everywhere and I've been getting more and more brave each time I need to eliminate one, but that doesn't make me feel better by any means! Dennis and I are considering having a pest control person come and work with us, but I don't want to be living in and being around insecticides. We'll have to see what's going to happen with that.

In other news, here is a new picture of Sammie - my violet. The blooms just keep coming and I am glad she is happy!!! I think I may need to repot her again soon!

Finally, just as I was about to start posting today, an enormous storm blew through! No rain, just lightning and A LOT of hail. You can see below that it almost looked like snow! We were pelted for about 5 solid minutes with half inch hail and I haven't gone out to see if there was much damage. Hopefully not!!

Well I guess this post is getting a little random so I'm going to cut myself off and maybe pop in a movie for the night. Have a good weekend!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ugh I hate spiders too...luckily we somehow haven't had many creepy crawlies in our house even though we're in the desert where they all live. I told Ethan the first time I find a scorpion in our house, I'm immediately moving back to MN! :)