Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home!

While I miss being on the road and the wonderful and refreshing visits with family and friends, it feels good to be home. Here are some pics and stories from our trip!



We passed by Terrible's Casino while driving through Iowa....only in Iowa I guess. :)


My handsome and fearless driver

The even more fearless navigator (we only got lost twice!!)

This is Dennis' cousin Kyle. He's 9 and we went to his baseball game - his team won and he only gave one boy a bloody nose by hitting him with a ball! Little boys playing baseball is just the cutest thing!

On Thursday, we went to Worlds of Fun - and amusement park kind of like Six flags or Valleyfair, but on a smaller scale. Wahoo!

We have never felt our age more than when we went on 4 rollercoasters! How did we do that so many times when we were teenagers! Stomachs of steel apparently!

Our view from the Ferris Wheel - yes, those are people flying through the air on the Ripcord. I think I would have died of fright!

On Friday and Saturday, we found ourselves in Wichita visiting Jenny, Travis and their baby! We had such a wonderful time together catching up on old times and making new memories. Thank you Jenny and Travis for your hospitality and hope to see you in a few months for Lisa's wedding!!

The couples after a rousing game of Phase 10. I was on a good streak, but got stuck on Phase 6 forever and I ended up losing!! Oh well - the fun was well worth it. :)

2 comments:

jenny said...

So fun! We loved having you guys here... now Marshall is here and we are fueling up for more games! :-)

Michelle said...

Oh how I wish I could go on roller coasters right now! The other day at school the kids had "water day" where they had these huge water slides and the fire department came and sprayed all the kids with the fire hoses. If I wasn't pregnant, I SO would have been going down those slides with the kids! :)