Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
I have gotten in a rut and this verse is really speaking to me. I am tired of crying out "Woe is me Lord for all that has befallen me!" "When will I be delivered from these trials!" Where is the joy of my salvation in that? Where is the power given to me by being a child of God when I surrender it all by feeling sorry for myself all the time? Well today I am turning a new leaf - thank you Jesus! Your mercies are new every morning!
1. When people around me complain, I will not join them which makes me feel worse about my situation.
2. When I feel overwhelmed, like my little boat is capsizing, I will call out to my Savior who promises that the waters will not rush over me!
3. I will consider these times I am going through as an opportunity to display the glory of my Father to those who do not know Him (which appears to be everyone I work with)
To end, here's a link to my mom's latest video of her salt water aquarium. She started putting it together over the winter and now has shrimp, crabs and even two octopi living in there! Oh, and remind me to buy her another turkey baster before Thanksgiving rolls around. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0NKiL-CyuQ
2 comments:
Shannon shannon!! I LOVE your new blog layout - so beautiful! And I love this post - so true. Some thing I'm learning right now. :-) I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the pool thing! Yes, we have an indoor and outdoor pool - Travis and I go swimming quite often, so bring your bathing suits!
I love the aquarium, I was so fascinated! :)
Post a Comment