Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Marvelous Sight

Well today a most lovely sight crossed my eyes.......rain! It was just a sprinkle, but hey, it's not snow right?! ;) The temperatures are finally becoming tolerable again and I feel like our state is finally going to come out of the cave its been living in for the past 4 months. I can't wait to get out and clean up our garage. :) :) :)

Not much has been going on with us. I am finally over my sickness which struck over the weekend and feel like I have some energy again. Yay! Just as I thought I was going to sneak through the winter unscathed by colds and such.... *BAM!*.... it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am glad to be better and feel very thankful for my good health in general. Dennis' Grandma Edith always tells us to be thankful for our health because illnesses and aging are not for the weak.

Michele came over Saturday to teach me how to knit hats. She even rescued me with the right needles which I wasn't able to find at the TWO stores I searched! Right now I am in the middle of a girl's hat which I will put up a picture of when I am done. I suspect I'll be done tomorrow depending on how tonight goes. I think hats are a fairly fast and very cute project and actually didn't take too much to learn (probably because I had a good teacher too. ;) ). Too bad I'm learning in March - not too many hat days left until next winter!

Works been going well so far. Yesterday I finished all of our morning activities by myself and today I reconciled some weird differences on my own also. I am grateful for the confidence that is giving me that I can actually do this eventually. :) I am also so so so grateful to not have to work as much as in previous years. It is nice to have evenings back.

Well I guess that's about it for me! Pictures next time!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh I'm so happy that it's warming up up there! It was a warm day today (70's!) and I wore shorts and a tank top and was SOOO happy! I just love feeling the sun on my skin. I hope it is spring/summer soon for y'all up north!
Miss you! Hope you're doing well!