Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Art of the Merge

According to dictionary.com, "merge" is defined as:

To blend together, especially in gradual stages

It does NOT mean to honk your horn and give someone the middle finger as you are driving by because you would not let said individual cut you off in afternoon traffic........

*take a breath*

That was my afternoon which came on the heels of listening to my coworker talk about how he had the worst day of his life and wanted to punch someone in the face because he forgot to save a document on his computer (described using very colorful language). Now as I sit here in the library, listening to the gentleman (term used loosely) next to me drop f-bomb after f-bomb my spirit is beginning to beg Jesus to come back quickly.

I guess today I really feel like an alien in a strange land. Reminds me of 1 Peter 2:

11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

Even though my desire was to make a face at that other woman driver (which shamefully I've done before) I simply smiled and waved. As for the person next to me, I don't know what his deal is, but I hope he can find peace. I can only pray that my reaction to everyday things in the presence of others (and even alone) will glorify Christ and point others to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tagged you! See my blog for details http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/reasons/

Jenny B.