Friday, November 16, 2007

Crafty Corner

Upon the gentle prodding of a good friend, I am going to post pictures of the baby blanket I am knitting for baby Jayde who was born on November 5th. I have about 10 rows left and I am just so excited that I hung with it so long! I think Jayde will love to cuddle with it!

TA-DA!! I put it on a pillow to show some of the detail of the knitting and purling. Here is a closer view:

I plan to give it to Trisha and Jayde next week when we go to Iowa for Thanksgiving. Jayde was born a full month early and has spent the first few weeks of her life in the hospital but hopefully she will be home for Thanksgiving when she can snuggle with this and feel how loved she is.

Since I am finishing up the blanket and I have so much free time in the evenings here in Arizona, I have started a new project! I am making scarves for my nieces for Christmas. Here is the beginning of one:

I'm making them with fun fur which is so much different than regular yarn!! So many more threads to deal with! But I can't wait to see the looks on the girls' faces when they put on their pretty scarves!

Tomorrow Dennis flies in to visit me for the weekend. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! I think we are going to hiking around the mountain areas near here and have a fun day together. There are also a lot of nice restaurants around and I hope we can stop by one of those too. :)

Have a fun weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blanket looks great, Shannon!

jenny said...

It's beautiful, Shannon! I'm so proud of you!! I have never made a blanket... you hung in there and look at your masterpiece. I'm sure Jayden will love it! I met a girl this weekend from the base that just learned to knit. I'm going to invite her over so we can do a "knit n' chat" afternoon. Wish you could come...

Shannon said...

I would love to have a "knit and chat" afternoon! That sounds like so much fun! I am glad you found someone on base to become friends with - I hope she is great!

Thanks Michele! As my knitting mentor, I have you to thank! :)