Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloweenie!!

Last night Dennis and I carved some pumpkins for all of the kiddies who (hopefully) will be visiting to gobble up all of the candy we bought the other day!! I am excited to see trick or treaters because I grew up in the country and never went trick or treating and no one ever came to our house trick or treating. Hopefully some kids (and not awkward teenagers) enjoy our snickers and 3 Musketeers!

Here is the making of our lovely pumpkins - mine had a really thick inside so it was kind of hard to carve!



After about 30 minutes, I had one eyeball done! (note Dennis' pumpkin in the foregound is already finished.....)


The finished product!


Our pumpkin family all lit up. :) Dennis' is on the left and mine is on the right. I think they turned out great!

4 comments:

jenny said...

And those are some lovely pumpkins! Trav and I have been meaning to buy some and carve them, but wouldn't you know it? Tonight is Halloween and we haven't done it yet! Oh well... next year. We bought a lot of candy too, but I don't know how many kids go to apartment complexes. Hmmm... Looks like we might have to eat it all ourselves! :-)

jenny said...

We didn't get any trick or treaters... :-(

Anonymous said...

We got one trick or treater so we have a lot of candy left over too...

Shannon said...

Update from the Dane halloween.....

ONE trick or treater! Our neighbors came over, the son was a baseball player and the dad was a ceiling fan! Quite funny but 4 opened bags of candy for us is not that funny.....