Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sisters and Such

Yesterday my younger sister Jordan came down to my house to see my sister and I and when we were talking after Alyssa went to bed, she asked me to be the matron of honor at her wedding!! She is going to get married on August 16th, 2008 (and now that I think of that, Jenny, is that when Lisa is getting married?? Oh I hope they don't conflict!). She asked me how I decided who to have stand with me at my wedding and I told her that I chose people who I knew I could count on after Dennis and I have been married 25 years. After I said that, she asked me! Later I found out that she kind of asked another friend of hers to be the maid of honor, so I hope that doesn't make any waves! I told her I would step down but still help if the other gal didn't want to give up her post. Oh I secretly (and not so secretly since I am writing about it here!) hope I can still be in the wedding. I think if I wasn't MOH, I would still be a bridesmaid though since the groom-to-be doesn't have any sisters and they are having 5 on each side. It's a numbers thing really. :) In any case - time to get myself in shape!!! :)

Here is a picture of us just a few weeks ago at the MN State Fair -

She is a really sweet girl and has a lot of growing up to do before next August!! :) I am happy to be able to help her.

In other news, I am wearing a really, immensely comfortable outfit today and I just want to take a nap!! It's casual week here at work for the tax deadline on 9/15 and I am wearing some really comfy jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a fleece zip up. I just want to snuggle! Where's Dennis!! :)

Tonight is the last night my sister will be staying with us. It has been so wonderful to have her living with us and I will really miss her when she goes up north to stay. I am thankful we have had this time together and last night when Jordan came to visit was the first time in maybe years that the sisters have all been together. It was such a lovely time besides the fact that I just love having people over!

Today I found out an elder of our church passed away. He had been battling pneumonia for the better part of the summer and today he was finally welcomed home into the arms of Christ. I just can't help but dream and wonder about what that moment will be like. Irv was so faithful to our church and saw so many changes take place in our church and our culture. His wisdom and kind spirit will be missed. This week, my friend Kristen's pastor, whom she's always known, pass away very suddenly. Seems the angels are working overtime this week rolling out the welcome wagon. :) Tragedy wrapped in peace and everlasting joy - an interesting dichotomy.

Well I'm off for now!

No comments: