Sunday, September 23, 2007

Extreme Makeover - Dane Edition

Hello hello!!

Well our home has undergone some changes in the last few days, so I thought I'd post a few pictures. I don't have the befores, but believe me, all of the changes are for the better! ;)

Here's our living room. We moved the tv downstairs finally and moved the furniture to the smaller walls which opened up an immense amount of space on the other side of the room. On sunny days (like yesterday) the room is so much brighter, not to mention the back of our couch won't fade from so much sun!! :) I rehung the pictures since they were skewed due to the tv and added the swirlies, I think they are so pretty there!

Ahhh......yesterday was so gorgeous!



The view from the couch. Someday we will build a mantel above the fireplace and we are currently looking for a rug for under the furniture as well as one for the dining room.





I have been meaning to hang up our pictures in the hallway for quite some time now, but could never find the level. Little did I know, Dennis had it at his office and he kindly brought it back home this weekend! Thanks Dennie! :) I have never hung the large one before - it's 16x20. It was just too large for the townhouse but looks just lovely in our hallway! Thanks Annette!! :)



I also hung up our pictures from Mexico in our basement. Another project I needed the level for. I think it turned out pretty good!


Last week we had an enormous storm which ripped through the Twin Cities and left a lot of damage to trees around the area. Unfortunately, we were not immune from the damage.....



We lost a very large branch from our maple tree.





This reminded me of leaf decopage or something. :) Friday was really windy though and it cleared all of them out so I didn't have to sweep!

Dennis' dad Bill has been in town this weekend and last night we had our first fire in our firepit! It was a gorgeous night and some of the Dane family friends from Wildwood (our summer getaway resort) came to visit us! It was a fun time to catch up. (as a side - no, my foot's not broken......it must have been comfortable that way!!)
Well that's all I've got for now - hope you enjoyed my picture show!! :)

p.s Welcome back to the Midwest Ellen and Chris!! We missed you and love you very much! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pics, Shan! You continue to impress with your natural abilities to get things done around the house. See you soon!