The weekend was a little better and yesterday was better yet, so I am hopeful God is continuing His work of drawing me closer to Him. I also learned of several friends who are struggling in various areas with very difficult issues, and praying for them has helped me to take my eyes off of my situation. My challenges are virtually nothing compared to what some are going through, and I hope I can be as encouraging to them as they were to me in my time of need.
My sister is still staying with us this week. I haven't seen her much because she has been spendng time with her business partner, but it has been such fun to have her stay with us. Every morning, I get up a little earlier to make her a lunch and help her get ready for class since she has to leave before I get ready for work. It will be so much fun to do that for my kids! I will miss her when she goes back home. The house will be all quiet again. Oh no! I will be an empty nester! ;p
This weekend Dennis and I are going to a race in Iowa. We are going to stay in Iowa City with Dennis' grandma. It will be so fun to see Edith as Dennis and she have such a special relationship. Dennis started writing to her every week after her husband died (that's been nearly three years now). She knows our joys and sorrows and general stuff and I guess it's kind of like our blog just for her!!
I'll sign off with a picture of my dear David. I found out he is having a great time in school. He met a friend named Trevor and when a bunch of boys had a race on the playground, he won! He was so thrilled! He's my little superman! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment