This week has just been so awful at work. Deadlines are approaching and my assignments are completely stalling. Then I have no motivation to keep working on things I know I need to do. It is so frustrating and I hate crying at work, but today the tears keep flooding into my eyes. Not too many have fallen out, but it gets to the point, you know, when my vision is all blurry and they are just about to fall out! I don't like that feeling. So anyway, I read a post by my friend Jenny where she was thinking of blessings in her life for her birthday. I was challenged by it to think of the blessings in my life in this stressful time instead of wallowing in my own frustrations.
Well........I've discovered at this time that I can't. I'm just being honest, but I feel like I'm not able to joyfully think of blessings - and that's okay. I'm leaning on this instead:
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah
So today I will do my share of pouring my heart to a faithful, all too worthy God who I know will bear it for me.
The journey continues......
2 comments:
Oh Shannon, I love your honest, beautiful heart! What better thing to do than turn to the Scriptures? Aren't the Psalms so encouraging at times? You have encouraged me! I love this blogging thing!
Hey, Trav and I will be up in MN at the end of Sept. for just a couple days (27 - 1 of Oct,). I'm thinking of trying to get together on the Sunday night with some friends for dinner or something, just to touch base. Like Kay and Chris, Claire and Jason, and you two... would you be available or up for the idea?
I am so happy to hear you and Travis are coming up! I think the 30th for dinner sounds like a great idea. Dennis and I are free. We can plan out the details when it gets a little closer. That will be fun to look forward to! :)
Thanks for your encouragement. Hopefully I can get out of this funk soon!!!
Post a Comment