Today my 5 1/2 year old brother is starting school!! I can't wait to call him tonight to see how it all went! Our friends Tim and Elisa have a daughter that is also starting school today! They probably don't understand that they are going to be in school for at least the next 13 years of their life (and hopefully more!). It will be so fun to learn about all of their discoveries and watch them grow up!
My sister Alyssa is also starting school today! The last time she was in a classroom was May 1999. :) She is working on getting her license to sell insurance and she is staying at our house this week and next. I am so proud of her for going back to school to start a different career. She and her husband work very hard, but have always seemed to come up a little short financially, so I am really hoping this will work out. It is also so nice to have her living with us. Hopefully we will be able to have some good conversations and get to know each other even better as adults.
Dennis and I had a really good weekend. Saturday and Sunday we were up north at a wedding for Dennis' racing team founder, Shad. The weather was nice and the wedding was very nice also. Monday, Dennis and I threw ourselves into getting the house ready for our long-term guest! Friday we bought a new queen sized bed for Alyssa and other guests who will stay with us in the future. Previously, guests slept on a futon and I am sure that wasn't very comfortable, so it was time for an upgrade. I found a pretty red comforter set at Target for rather cheap so that was nice too. Today we are going to look for a dresser and nightstand for the room. I think we will look around at thrift stores and such since it doesn't have to be the nicest and I can paint/refinish it to get it how I want it anyway. We also changed the faucet in our kitchen. The one we had before didn't have a sprayer so it was very hard to get the sides of the sink clean. The new one has a sprayer built into the actual faucet so you just pull out the faucet to spray around. It is cool. Plus, it has a soap dispenser so I don't have to keep the bottle of dawn by the sink! It has been demoted to the cabinet below!!
Well one particular fabulous friend of mine asked about a knitting update!! :) :) I am deep into knitting again! I started my blanket with smaller needles and that really made all the difference!! I will post a picture when I find my camera cord! But the blanket is starting to really look like a blanket with a pattern and everything, so I am very excited! It's so fun to think that it will be warming an itty bitty baby!
I hope you all enjoyed an extra day off!!
2 comments:
Yeah! Hooray for knitting, eh? My mom has a bunch of knitting friends over on Tuesdays to knit and chat, and today I get to join them. Just wish you could come along! I will be praying for you time with your sister... make sure to make time for blogging updates!
Love you much, dear woman!
Jenny! It is so good to hear from you! A knit-along sounds like so much fun! What are you working on now that the animals are done? How did your nieces like the rabbit and elephant? I bet they were over the moon for them (and you and Travis!)! :)
I will update on the time with my sister! I know she is here for a reason greater than insurance! ;)
Love, love, love you dear friend!
Post a Comment