Monday, July 09, 2007

P.S.

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but in church yesterday I heard something from the speaker (who was a visiting pastor) which really picqued my interest. "Happiness comes from Holiness." I realized that so many of my thoughts are concerned with ways to keep myself comfortable in the earthly sense that essentially, I am making the pursuit of God in my life secondary, which is very dangerous. Before I know it, I will be heading down the path to complacency and, *yikes!*, that's not where I want to be!! It's really hard to put it into words like this and not try to gloss it over, but if I want to be absolutely truthful with myself, that's what it is. The most safe and lovely place for me to have fulfillment and happiness is deep within the folds of God.

That's my deep thought for the day!!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Most encouraging... thank you, dear Shan.