Today, my office is going on a golf outing! I golf just a handful of times each year, and I am not a great golfer, but I can make my way around the greens pretty well. I just love being out on those wonderfully manicured fairways and greens wailing on golfballs whenever I like!
Here is a picture of me golfing in Mexico. I love that I have effectively "wailed" on the ball and it is still sitting serenely on the ground where I left it!! Great picture Dennis!! Okay, so my golf skills can always be sharpened but it's fun to be out in nature and still get paid for the day, right? :)
Last night we visited with our friends Adam and Abby. They had a new baby, Charlie, a month ago and with both of our busy schedules we hadn't officially "met" him until last night. We brought them a little red, white and blue plaid onesie (sp?) with a matching hat. It was SO cute and I can just picture him wearing it on these hot summer days! Charlie was so sweet and he looks just like his brother Brice!! It's uncanny! But I guess they have the same parents so it's not too unimaginable. :) I got to hold him during his "alert time" and he was making little birdie lips at me and "talking" - it made my heart melt!! Brice was so funny too - we were getting ready to sit down for dinner and he got up in his chair with his mandarin oranges and kept grabbing at my hand and his mom's hand to say grace (they always hold hands to pray) because he was hungry and after we all prayed, he folded his hands and wanted to pray himself! He said, Dear Jesus, thank you for Dennis, and Shannon, and pizza. Amen. How sweet!
In other baby news, last week our friends Scott and Trisha in Texas found out they are having another baby girl!!! That is just so exciting! Trisha even sent out some sonagram pictures and they were so great! One of a hand and foot and one of the baby's face even! I used to be so terrible at looking at sonograms, but as more friends are having babies, my proficiency of seeing a grainy baby is getting better and better. :) Congratulations Scott and Trisha!!
Well I must sign off for now to golf my little head off! Have a wonderful Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment